The first 2019 trip was to New Zealand in January. In the summer, it was “The Stans” with ROARR and another visit to the fabled city of Samarkand followed by the Pamir Highway. Now in September the yellow Elan has the leading role as we head to Moscow and St Petersburg…..See under Recent Posts.

2018 – two rallies this year – The Atlas Rally in March and then, well it was planned to be Indonesia but that rally was cancelled due to lack of support so we went to…….Switzerland instead! (and a non-car trip to Indonesia to see what we missed).

2017 – the year started slowly with a couple of changes of plan as things turned out to be more complicated than expected. In August the car was shipped to Newark and in September started on Scenic Car Tours’ Route 66 – see here for details of the route and itinerary. When we hit the Pacific we turned North along the coast then on the San Francisco and up the coast to Seattle. Continue to read under Route 66 above – I know its not route 66………

In September 2016 we went to Iran – Classic Persia – enjoy reading about it! Prior to that we went on Scenic Car Tours’ Arctic Highway Challenge

2015 is history but you can still read about the Amazon Adventure – Amazon Adventure. I haven’t worked out how do clever things like plant a map here so here’s a link to the rally organiser as he does have a clever map!!
The car is largely rebuilt – it got rather hammered! There was bodywork damage in the engine bay, off side wheel arch, a lot of under-floor and the rear turret area on the passenger’s side. Both Lotocones were broken as well as the diff mounts. Once I took the sump guard off it was not going back on again, it was so distorted by continuous bumping. I took it to the guy who made it 14 years ago and before pressing it back into shape, he said he liked to see it being used! The engine did very well but was a complete pig once it got home – all the valves needed reseating and now its even less happy when cold than it was before – and it was pretty bad then! On the way home the brake servo died and drank all the brake fluid so that was replaced along with both front vertical links. I also took the decision to convert to an alternator – shame!